§1 General rules
- The “Game Trailer Challenge” (henceforth “the Challenge”) is organized by:
Vitruvio Foundation, TAX ID 7831756276 located in Poznan, Poland, henceforth “the Organizer”.
- The Challenge is a competition for creating game trailers, to learn and develop, but also demonstrate and prove the participants’ skills. It is aimed both at people who create games and game trailers in a professional way and amateurs.
- During the Challenge, the participants are to create a trailer for a game/ game concept, hereinafter referred to as Trailer.
- The participants work on the trailers at the time set by the Organizers, from 21st November 2020 to 22nd March 2021.
- The Challenge only takes place remotely. Any form of gathering contrary to the restrictions of the epidemiological status in the given country of the participant is forbidden.
- The Challenge opening, all announcements, closing, materials for participants will be available only online.
- The official website of the Challenge is at https://game-trailer-challenge.gic.gd/
- The Challenge organizer declares that this Challenge is not a game of chance, a raffle lottery, a mutual bet, a promotional lottery, the result of which depends on the case, or any other form of gambling provided for in the Act of November 19, 2009 on gambling (Journal of Laws No. U. of 2009, No. 201 item 1540, as amended).
§2 Conditions for participation
- Participation in the Challenge is voluntary and free.
- The Challenge is open to people of all ages.
- By joining the Challenge, the Participant hereby confirms the acceptance of the Regulations and all its provisions.
- The trailers can be created by teams of participants from 1 to 5 persons.
- To participate in the Challenge, one must register via the form at https://game-trailer-challenge.gic.gd/.
§3 Rules for participation and the course of the Challenge
- Participation in the Challenge is not reimbursed.
- Participants are required to organize their own computer hardware, peripherals and software for the purpose of participating in the Challenge. The Organizer is not obligated to provide participants with hardware or software.
- The organizer is not responsible for technical problems arising during the Challenge.
§4 Works in the Competition
- The Trailer cannot be plagiarism, and also contain elements that are plagiarism.
- When creating their Trailers, Participants may use any engine, programming language, engine, graphic tools, video editors, graphical and video materials etc., provided that they have proprietary copyrights to them or have purchased the necessary licenses under the conditions specified by the licensor or use free licenses.
- Teams can create one or more trailers during the Challenge.
- The organizer does not check and is not responsible for the legality of the materials used in the productions or the software used by users / teams to create them. The organizer is not responsible for any damage resulting from the use of illegal software or material by participants during the competition.
- It is strictly forbidden to include illegal, controversial or other content in The Trailers that could be badly received. The following are considered such content in particular:
- pornographic content,
- Content that calls to racial, religious or other hatred,
- Violent content, meaning more brutal content than generally accepted in games of this type,
- drug-promoting content.
- The Organizer of the Competition has the right to disqualify The Trailer, especially if the content presented in it breaks the law, decency or is inconsistent with the subject of the competition.
- The competition entry should include:
- a short film presenting The Trailer, in accordance with the Organiser’s requirements that will be given on the website https://game-trailer-challenge.gic.gd/.
- Before the end of The Trailer Challenge, participants are required to send links to the competition work via the form on the website indicated by the Organizer.
§5 Selection of winners and prizes
- There will be two categories in the Challenge:
- Trailers to existing games or games in development
- Trailers to non-existig game or game concepts
- The decision to select the winners and award the prizes is made by the Organizer on the basis of the highest rating among the Jury, in the line-up given on the website https://game-trailer-challenge.gic.gd/. will be awarded.
- The Trailers will be judged on the basis of the presentations sent by participants after the end of The Challenge.
- The organizer will award the winners in prizes. The winners will receive Nintendo Switch consoles.
- The basic criterion for the Organizer’s evaluation of the submitted works is their quality, uniqueness, potential for further development and the potential of the business concept.
- The organizer reserves the right to refrain from awarding the prizes if he deems that the quality of the competition entries does not meet the requirements set for them.
- The prizes are not exchangeable for cash or other non-cash prizes.
§6 Intellectual property
- Participants forming a team in The Challenge certify that the works created (co-created) by them do not infringe any rights of third parties and that they are their authorship (co-authorship), i.e. all copyrights belong to them.
- Participants declare that they take full and unlimited liability for any claims of third parties against the Organizer, which would arise in connection with their participation in the competition.
- Participants allow the recording and use of their image recorded in the form of photos and videos without time and territorial restrictions and without remuneration, for marketing, promotional and informational purposes.
- Participants allow the Organizer to use materials related to the presentation of the created work (in particular: screenshots, presentations or its fragments) for internal and promotional purposes without time and territorial restrictions and without remuneration. In particular, they grant free-of-charge for the works specified in paragraph §4 point 8 a and b a license unlimited in time or territory, with the right to sub-license, in the following fields of use:
- the inclusion of works, in whole or in part, into any publishing house, computer programs and websites;
- any recording and reproduction of works (including entering into the memory of a computer or other device), production of copies by any technique, including printing, reprographic, magnetic, mechanical, optical and electronic or other recording, analog or digital technique, in any system or format ; on any media, including video, paper or the like, photosensitive, magnetic, optical, disks, memory bones, computer media and other media; regardless of the capacity of the medium and the recording (reading) technology;
- any public disclosure in such a way that everyone can have access to it at a place and time chosen by them, including via ICT networks, databases, servers or other devices and systems, including third parties, in open or closed circuit, in any technique, system or format, with or without recording, and regardless of the territorial scope of such sharing;
- the use of fragments of works for the purposes of promotion and advertising,
- introducing changes and abbreviations to the works, scaling and framing works, using all or parts of works as components of other works.
§7 Processing of personal data
- Participation in the Challenge is tantamount to the consent of the participants to the processing of their personal data by the Organizer for the purposes of this competition within the meaning of the Act of August 29, 1997 on the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws of 2002, No. 101 , item 926, as amended)
§8 Final Provisions
- The organizer reserves the right to interrupt or cancel the Challenge and change these regulations.
- The organizer is not responsible for the cancellation or change of the Challenge date, and all claims of participants or third parties in this respect are excluded.
- Any violation of these Regulations, and in particular providing false personal data, decency or violation of applicable law, entitles the Organizer to exclude the participant from participation in the Challenge and results in the loss of the right to the prize.